Tips from Campus Security to stay safe this holiday break
Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:12
The Campus Security staff would like to remind the campus community of some common sense safety tips to practice this holiday season.
- When leaving a room or office on campus, lock it up, even if only for a few minutes.
- Avoid leaving valuables or packages in plain view in a vehicle. Place them in the trunk or between the seats. When possible, do so before parking.
- During the holiday break, take valuables home from campus offices and residence halls.
- If working on campus late in the evening or when few people are around, consider advising Campus Security so an officer can pay special attention to the area.
- When entering a locked residence hall or campus building, make sure the door closes completely.
- Students living on campus who are leaving town for the holidays should make sure they have someone keeping an eye on their residence and leave emergency contact information.
For more information, call Campus Security at 402-554-2648.